If you find it necessary to drop a class (or all your classes), you must use a Drop form. Failure to do so will result in an “E” (failing) grade for the course(s) in question.
How to drop classes
You should drop classes by completely filing out the online drop form.
1. Provide your name and KCTCS student ID number (or birthdate).
2. Provide your KCTCS email address.
3. Select “Drop Request” from the drop down menu under “Form Type”.
4. Under “Drop Information,” provide the class number and the catalog number for each class being dropped (for example, 12345 ENG 101). Also, indicate if the request is to drop all classes and why the classes are being dropped.
5. Answer the final question.
6. Hit the “Submit” button.
Starting fall 2014, drop requests will not require permission unless it is after mid-term. After mid-term, the instructor’s permission for all classes being dropped will be required. (Check the academic calendar for these dates.) Email permission is acceptable and should be sent to email@example.com.
After mid-term, no drop request will be processed without the required permissions. Make sure to check the academic calendar to see when the drop periods are for your class(es). A copy of your drop request will be sent to your advisor.
If you have self-enrollment access, you can add classes during the add period of each session. If you do not have self-enrollment access, you will need to see your advisor. Check the academic calendar for the drop/add dates. After the add period, division chair approval is required to add a class.
If you are taking online classes through another KCTCS college, you may find they are not on the same academic calendar as Gateway. You will need to check with the delivering college before dropping or adding a class.