Costs and Financial Aid

Office Of Financial Aid

Applying for Federal Financial Aid

  1. Apply for your FSA ID. This FSA ID allows you (and a parent, if applicable) to e-sign (electronically sign) the FAFSA and other important applications.
    Note: If you are a dependent student (or must report a parent's tax information on the FAFSA),your parent must apply for a separate PIN. Both you and your parent will need to e-sign the FAFSA.
  2. Once your FSA ID has been confirmed, complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  3. On the FAFSA website, click on Start a New FAFSA.  Then you will choose which FAFSA you should complete.
    • The 2015-16 Award Year includes Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016.
    • The 2016-17 Award Year includes Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017.

        If you are planning to begin Gateway for Summer 2016, complete both the 2015-16 FAFSA and the 2016-17 FAFSA.  

The FAFSA will ask you to provide federal school codes for all schools you want your FAFSA information sent to. GCTC's Federal School Code is: 013753. 

It generally takes 3-5 business days for us to receive your FAFSA information from the Department of Education; you should review your To Do List on Student Self-Service for further instructions or if any additional documentation is needed.

Not familiar with some of the terms on this page? Please visit the Financial Aid Terms page.

If you have questions please contact us or call 1-855-3GO-GCTC (1-855-346-4282).