View a Printable Checklist
1. Complete the Admission application:
If you are working toward earning your GED, complete the Non High School Graduate/GED
2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Gateway’s School Code is 013753
3. Make an appointment to take the COMPASS Test by calling 859-442-4115 or submit required ACT
scores of English 18, Math 19, Reading 20 (transfer students may be exempt based upon transcript
4. Submit official copies of high school transcripts (showing graduation date) OR GED test scores to the
Admission Office located at the Edgewood Campus.
5. Submit official copies of college transcripts to the Registrar’s Office located at the Edgewood Campus.
All requirements outlined above must be completed seven (7) calendar days prior to the start of the
7. If you are a student with a disability, contact Disability Services, 859.442.4120, to schedule an
appointment to discuss academic adjustments and auxiliary aids for your classes.
8. Accept or decline your awards by logging on to Student Self Service at https://students.kctcs.edu/
9. To receive a bookstore voucher, complete a Financial Aid Release Form online or in person at any Gateway campus.